Library Orientation and Seminar
Library Orientation for Students
The orientation is targeted mainly for the students who are new to Mita Campus. In the orientation, we give instructions on library resources and services as well as some tips and hints.
In most cases, the orientation is held during class periods as a part of group research session often called 'zemi.' You may also book orientation in a time frame other than the class periods. The applicant group does not necessarily have to be a 'zemi.' We also accept a private group consisting of 3 or more persons interested in common subjects.
- Application is REQUIRED. We do not take walk ins.
- For the information on the library resources introduced in the past orientation for a specific 'zemi,' please click here and select the 'zemi.' *Available in Japanese only
Customize Your Lirary Orientation
Select your preferred options from below, and combine them to customize your library orientation:
- Introduction of Library Facilities & Services: We introduce 3 libraries that consist Mita Media Center. We show you the location of each facility, and introduce what you can do with our library services. Note we do not provide face-to-face library tours now. We provide virtual tours instead.
- Instructions on KOSMOS & Databases: Besides our online catalog KOSMOS, we show you how to use the database(s) of your choice. Choose 1 or 2 database(s). We give you instructions on searching and obtaining full-text journal articles using the database(s) you have selected.
- Seminar on Citation, Plagiarism and Bibliographies: What are citation and plagiarism? How do I cite properly? How can I make a bibliography? We give you the hints and tips.
Time and Date
- The orientation is held during the class periods. Each class period is 90 minutes long. Choose a time frame from the first to fourth period of a weekday. The start time must be between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Note the options do not include the lunch break which is between 12:15 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. A time frame other than those options is negotiable.
- The date must be March 14, 2023 or later.
- Make an application using the online form. We do not accept any application by email or phone.
- The application must be made at least 2 weeks before the preferred date, and the number of participants must be at least 3. It is accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
Library Orientation for Newcomer Faculty Members
Please make an application at least a week before the preferred date. We accept your application at the Reference Counter on a first-come-first-served basis. It may be difficult to book an orientation on your preferred date and time during the peak period April and May.
Here is the application form in editable format. Please download and fill out the form, then send it to us as an attachment to an email. Our email address is shown at the bottom of the web page.
Reference Service, Mita Media Center