Library Materials Purchases (Mita)
Important information concerning library material purchases at the Mita Media Center
- Due to the limited budget for purchases and space available on the library shelves, a cap has been set on the number of purchases per person.
- We ask for your understanding when items cannot be obtained due to being out of print.
- In principle, we do not accept requests for books and materials that are not in print due to the uncertainty regarding the publication information.
- As a general rule, we do not accept purchase requests for items such as manuals, essays, novels, prep school texts, exercise books, language learning books, pamphlets, booklets, single issues of journals, or books for light reading texts. Furthermore, please note that purchase requests for items which do not meet the selection criteria of the library may be rejected.
- In principle, e-book editions of books will not be purchased if a hard copy of the work is held in the library collection. If you wish to specially request an e-book edition for which a hard copy is available, please be sure to write the reason or purpose for the request.
How to apply
- Required items are marked with an asterisk (*) on the Library Materials Purchase Application Form. In particular, please be sure to fill in your reasons for the request.
- The content of the request will be checked, and we will inform you of our decision on whether or not to purchase by e-mail. Please note that there may be a delay in contacting you if time is required to examine the content of the request.
- After the requested materials have arrived, we will send a notification to the Keio e-mail account (keio.jp e-mail address) of graduate and undergraduate students.
- For applications from faculty and staff members, purchases will be placed on the regular bookshelves without designating them as reserve items (processed for storage) if the option to have the purchases on reserve has not been checked. If you wish for your purchases to be put on reserve, please be sure to check the option. If you have requested your items to be placed on reserve, we will send a notification to the e-mail address you registered with the library when the items arrive.
Purchase requests for journals, databases, and expensive materials
Requests for expensive materials, databases, and journals and newspapers requiring continuous purchase (subscription), etc., will be considered upon separate consultation.
Please fill out the application form and bring it to the Book Selection Counter if you are a faculty or staff member or the Reference Counter if you are a student, both of which are located on the first floor of the Mita Media Center.
"Application Form to Purchase Expensive Materials, Databases, or Journals (for faculty and staff members)" (PDF 340KB)
"Application Form to Purchase Expensive Materials, Databases, or Journals (for students)" (PDF 333KB)
Application forms are also available at each counter.
You cannot apply through the online application form.
Inquiries regarding the library materials purchase service