This webpage is for library staff of libraries outside Japan.
Visit Our Libraries
Keio University Library is not open to the public, only available for visitors (researchers and students) who are doing research and who wish to use specific books and other materials owned by the library, which are unavailable at other libraries.
If your customer wish to visit our library, please contact us by e-mail or inquiry form in advance.
A letter of introduction from the library of affiliated institute is required for visitors.
Before making a letter of introduction, it is desirable to confirm which Keio University library has the materials your patron would like to access via our catalogue (KOSMOS) or inquiring us via e-mail or inquiry form.
A letter of introduction should include following items;
- User's name *required
- User's affiliation/university's name or address *required
- User's phone number or email address *required
- Contact address of the library which issued the letter of introduction *required
- Specified period of visit
- Bibliographic data of the materials you wish to examine (limited to those not available in public libraries)
There is no format of letter of introduction.
Services are offered to a limited range of library facilities.※Please also note that external users under 18 years are not allowed to enter the library.
Interlibrary Loans (ILL): Lending Policy to Foreign Libraries
For requesting document copy and books and other materials through interlibrary loans (ILL), please see following.
How to request
- Requests are accepted via OCLC, E-mail, Mail and FAX.
- We do not accept telephone requests.
- We accept requests from academic organizations only, not from any individuals and corporations.
- The service will be suspended in the following periods.
We don't accept any request in these periods.
Mid-August, for about two weeks
From the end of December to the beginning of January, for about three weeks
Mid-February, for about two weeks
From the end of April to the beginning of May, for about two weeks
- OCLC: KEI
- Fax: +81-35484-7780
- Mail: Interlibrary Loan Service
Mita Media Center
2-15-45, Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
Loan (Books only)
- Loan period: 4 weeks.
- Restriction: Library use only.
Please return the loaned item via air mail using the registered mail.
Do NOT use jiffy bag for protection.
The returned book must reach us by the due date.
Please enclose the payment with the book except via OCLC's IFM.
Charges will be varied due to the shipment weight of the book.
Method of remittance
- The items with call number beginning except "A" or "B"
- Rare and antique books (special collection items)
- Books published before 1960
- Reference books
- Journals and periodicals
- Microform and audiovisual items
- CD-ROM and other machine-readable items
- Items in poor condition
- Oversized books
- Theses and dissertations
- Other items as designated by the Director
We provide copies of library items according to the copyright laws of Japan.
We will tell you the charges when we send you the copies.
Please mail us your payment by IFLA voucher or IRC after you received it.
Method of remittance
|Method of remittance||Up to 9 pages||Every 10 pages|
|OCLC-IFM||$ 5 IFM||+ $ 5 IFM|
|IFLA vouchers||half voucher||+half voucher|