Anyone who is involved in science and technology research can enter the Media Center. After filling out our entry form at the Circulation Desk, please show the following items corresponding to your affiliation and status.
Please check library calendar in advance.
- Affiliates of Cooperative Agreemnet Libraries (Waseda University and Hitotsubashi University) : Faculty/ student ID for your affiliation
- Persons with 神奈川県内大学図書館共通閲覧証, a common university library entry pass issued by Kanagawa Library Association (KLS) : The entry pass and the faculty/student ID for your affiliation
- Members of other universities: Faculty/student ID and a letter of introduction issued by your affiliation
- Others: Public ID such as passport or driver's license.
We welcome visitors only for research purposes.
The Media Center may NOT be used for commercial purposes.
You can view or photocopy library items in the building. Borrowing is not available. On contract, visitors including alumni are not applicable for using e-resources. However, there are some journal articles that vendors have permitted to provide to visitors. For details, ask at the Reference Desk from 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays.
Searching Library Items
Check our KOSMOS to see if we have the item that interests you. Consult with us in advance regarding the borrowing status and days of use for the material you wish to use.
- First fill out a photocopy request form at the Circulation Desk to get a visitor's copy card. After making the copies by yourself, please return the card and make payment. You can start photocopying up until 30 minutes before the closing time.
- Items photocopied at the Media Center may only be used by the person who has copied them. Further reproduction for other persons or for commercial use is prohibited by Japanese copyright law.
- Black & White only
- 55 yen per sheet either by photocopy machine or microfiche printer
※ For the affiliates of Cooperative Agreement Libraries (Waseda University and Hitotsubashi University), 10 yen per sheet.
Don'ts in Japanese Copyright Law
- The number of copies shall not exceed one copy per person.
- As for a book, you shall not copy more than half the number of its total pages.
- As for journals, you shall not copy the latest issue or the whole articles from a back issue.
- You shall not copy for commercial use, only for academic and research purposes.
- No further reproduction or distribution.