About Hiyoshi Media Center
The Hiyoshi Media Center manages and operates materials from multiple libraries: Hiyoshi Library with materials for freshmen/sophomore and research materials for faculty, Kyoseikan Library for three graduate schools, Raiosha Reference Library for faculty, Hiyoshi Depository and laboratories on the Hiyoshi Campus.
Hiyoshi Library, which welcomes many new students every year, is focusing on information literacy education for them to learn how to use the library and information. Library staff are actively supporting learning by giving lectures on information literacy in classes and conducting custom-made seminars in cooperation with faculty. Furthermore, there is an active activity called "Study Advice" in which senior students give advice on academic writing and presentations.
Through these activities, our major mission is to encourage younger students to develop their information literacy which is important for university studies before going on to their advanced curriculum.
In addition, we support learning, education and research activities at the Hiyoshi Campus while developing services in cooperation with other campus Media Centers.
- 1935 Hiyoshi Preparatory Course Library opened in the First Building
- 1936 Hiyoshi Preparatory Course Library is relocated to the northwest side of the Second Building
- 1950 Library Hiyoshi branch opened
* After derequisitioning of Hiyoshi Campus by the US military, Japanese books were collected from the books that had been evacuated to Noborito temporary school building, and the Library was reconstructed.
- 1951 Hiyoshi Laboratory opened
* Western books were collected from the books that had been evacuated to Noborito temporary school building.
- 1958 Fujiyama Memorial Library opened as part of a commemorative project for the 100th anniversary of Keio University's founding
* Relocation of the Library Hiyoshi branch
- 1972 Hiyoshi Library and Information Center established
* Integrated Hiyoshi Laboratory and Hiyoshi Library
- 1979 Library of the Graduate School of Business Administration opened
- 1985 The current Hiyoshi Library opened as part of a commemorative project for the 125th anniversary of Keio University's founding
*The collection of Fujiyama Memorial Library was relocated, and a part of the collection of Hiyoshi Laboratory was also relocated on the 4th floor.
- 1993 Organization changed to Hiyoshi Media Center
- 2002 Raiosha Reference Library opened
* A part of the collection of the Hiyoshi Laboratory and a part of the laboratory materials on the 4th floor of the Hiyoshi Library were relocated.
- 2008 Kyoseikan Library opened as part of a commemorative project for the 150th anniversary of Keio University's founding
* The library of the Graduate School of Business Administration was taken over and added with materials for SDM and KMD.
- 2009 Hiyoshi Depository opened
* Relocated some of the collections of Hiyoshi Library, Hiyoshi Laboratory, and former Graduate School of Business Administration library