Use of Photocopy Machines
- Due to Japanese copyright laws, the photocopy machines in the library are for library items, not for your personal belongings such as notebooks.
- When copying, fill in the "Application Form for Photocopying Library Items" beside the photocopy machine and drop in the box.
- You can pay by cash or copy card (common to Hiyoshi Library, Kyoseikan Library and Mita Media Center). Copy cards can be purchased at the copy card dispenser next to the photocopy machine on the 1st floor. The copy card dispenser was removed on December 23th, 2022.
The copy cards will no longer be available in the Hiyoshi Library by the end of March,2024.
- We do not exchange money.
- Receipts can be issued only for operator copies.
Copying by Library Staff
We accept at the Main counter on the first floor.
Please be aware that it will take two to three days (on the library open-days ) to finish copying.
The copy office closed on March 31, 2023.
It is available until 10 minutes before closing time.
For Full-time Faculty and Staff
- If you want to pay the photocopy fee at university expense, please use your faculty ID card with the photocopy machine on the 4th floor of Hiyoshi Library, or contact the 4th floor counter if there is an error.
Photocopy Fee (A3, B4, A4, B5)
Self-service copying: Black & White 10 yen per page Color 50 yen per page
Copying by library staff: Black & White 30 yen per page Color 100 yen per page
Don'ts in Japanese Copyright Law
- The number of copies shall not exceed one copy per person.
- As for a book, you shall not copy more than half the number of its total pages.
- As for journals, you shall not copy the latest issue or the whole articles from a back issue.
- You shall not copy for commercial use, only for academic and research purposes.
- No further reproduction or distribution.